I was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised in the Chicago suburbs. I attended Northwestern University on a baseball scholarship and received my bachelors degree. I completed my undergraduate dental education at the University of Illinois.
I spent the following year at Hennipen County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota on a general dental internship. My oral and maxillofacial residency was completed at the University of Minnesota. I joined the OMS practice thereafter and obtained Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. I am a member of multiple professional associations including:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Illinois Delegate
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, President
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society, President McHenry County Component
- Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
For many years, I was the Chairman of the Anesthesia Committee for the Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, which oversees an office evaluation process in which all oral and maxillofacial surgical offices are visited to certify that they meet the office anesthetic standards set forth by the society. I am on staff at several area hospitals including:
- Woodstock Memorial Medical Center
- Northern Illinois Medical Center
- Burlington Memorial Medical Center
- Lakeland Medical Center
I am certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
My wife Jeanne and I reside in Crystal Lake, Illinois, and have four children. I enjoy all outdoor activities, and I am particularly active in men’s senior baseball leagues.