I was born in Detroit, Michigan and moved to the Chicago area, where I lived throughout high school. I attended Northwestern University on a wrestling scholarship. I left Northwestern to continue my education at University of Illinois Medical Center, where I received my D.D.S. degree with honors. I then completed my oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Memorial Hospital and affiliated institutions, serving as chief resident for my last year. I joined Crystal Lake and Lake Geneva Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in July 1980. Since 1983 I have maintained an appointment as a clinical assistant professor in the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Northwestern University Medical Center where I conduct diagnosis and treatment planning seminars with the residents, primarily in the area of corrective jaw surgery.
I became a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1983. I am currently a member of multiple professional organizations including:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
I am a past President of the Burlington Dental Society and also served as a delegate to the Wisconsin Dental Association annual meeting for several years.
I am on the staff of several local hospitals:
- Memorial Medical Center, Woodstock
- Northern Illinois Medical Center
- Burlington Memorial Hospital
- Lakeland Medical Center
- Condell Memorial Hospital, Libertyville
I am certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
I live in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and have been married since 1984 to my wife, Cynthia Kelly Conlon, J.D., Ph.D. We have three children: Kevin, Caitlin and Molly. I enjoy many activities including sports, reading, boating, fishing, golf, tennis, skiing and theater. I have been involved in coaching multiple local youth sports (wrestling, basketball, baseball and softball) in the Lake Geneva area.